Technology has the power to transform education. It is essential to bring it into the classroom to empower learning. Why?
- Students need to be engaged with what they are doing to improve learning outcomes – See technology engages them.
- Enables students to become thinkers/learners/risk takers in a sheltered environment.
- Learn not to rely on the teacher…be accountable themselves…become independent!
- Teaches digital literacy.
- Valuable employable skills in a digital world are learnt –appropriate online behaviour, good digital citizenship, cybersafety, plagiarism, working with virtual teams, self discipline in a virtual world, digital and global entrepreneurship, globalization etc eg
- Broadens the horizons of many students as it exposes students to the world outside their city or country town.
- Fits in with Rural Education where students in small rural schools need no longer be disadvantaged by distance and isolation, as technology allows them to learn virtually and maintain their subject choices, allows eg…
View original post 60 more words